Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dreams that take you underground.....

Woke up this morning from a strange dream that I really can't recall in full...Immediately my mind was pulled back in time to places and situations where I no longer dwell...I was taken to  my "underground" days...those days when I literally lived in a basement with a man I was involved with...It was my choice to be there at that time....


So, I started to pray along the lines of, 'Oh God, I'm so sorry....' and I stopped and thought : "Wait a minute, this is wrong...I repented from my old life a long time ago...God knows I don't live there anymore...He knows I never dwell on this so it isn't an issue I'm having to work through, or something I still need to forgive myself for....So, why IS this on my mind???"


And I saw his face again. The man I loved and lived with. I've seen his face several times lately in my mind, AND online in the news...So, I knew then what the memories are about....Praying for this man. He needs God. He needs a miracle. He needs an incorruptible seed to replace the Adamic, corruptible seed. He needs Jesus...and he is a hard nut to crack...his shell has layers of harded years wrapped around it....his heart? I have no idea if there is any softness left...but I know either way, God can change him.


So, I said, "God, I HAVE prayed for ________'s salvation MANY times. You KNOW the need. Are you asking me to beg? Are you asking me to keep telling you something you already know??"


This, I believe, is a valid question. Once we give something to God, isn't it a done deal? Well....maybe....


This morning I was reminded of the Scripture about the woman and the judge and how she just aggravated him so much that he finally gave in to her wants...(Luke 18)...and this Judge wasn't even a RIGHTEOUS Judge...So...yeah, I guess the answer in this case is...Yes, God does want me to keep bringing this subject up. I don't know WHY, because he IS God and he already knows the need, but for SOME reason, he wants ME to keep talking to him about my old friend.....


So I did, and so I will....and I will keep you posted....


Good morning....be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment