Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Spiritual Fruit. Really?

Galatians 5:22-23 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.”

REALITY CHECK:

We have the instructions (above), we know what to do.
What do our lives say? At the end of the day, consider this:

LOVE: Today, have I said, “I don’t like (NAME)?”, or “(NAME) gets on my nerves? Or any FORM of this? You get the gist.

JOY: Today, have I complained about my circumstances? Have I whined about my hangnail while my brother faces dialysis? Or chemo?  Can a joyful spirit dwell with a complaining spirit?

PEACE: Today, have I worried over an unmet want or need? Have I wished fire to rain down on an “enemy”?

LONGSUFFERING: Today, have I gotten aggravated over standing in line at the grocery store, waiting in the fast food drive-thru, sitting in a traffic jam? Did I snap at my child or my spouse because I was impatient?

KINDNESS: Today, did I REALLY show kindness at every given opportunity (even those mentioned above)?

FAITHFULNESS: Today, at what point did I first think of God and His will for my day? Did I take time to talk to Him in prayer? Did I open my Bible and actually read?

GENTLENESS: Today, when I was rudely interrupted, did I scowl or smile?

SELF-CONTROAL: Today, did I show self-control in all of the above areas? Did I resist temptation or did I compromise?

How was YOUR day? As for me, I stand accused.

No comments:

Post a Comment