Saturday, July 21, 2012

HOPE


"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
Can I just ask you this....If you belong to Him, I mean if you KNOW that you KNOW that you KNOW that you belong to Him, then why do you worry? (I f I need to wikipedia the word "worry" I can do that)
When I became a Child of the King, I became an heir to all that this implies. Joint-heirs with Jesus. And guys, it's not "pie in the sky" stuff...it's here and now stuff. It's not, "some glad morning, when this life is over, I'll fly away" stuff....it's December 21, 2011 stuff.
God is on the Throne. God is my father. God created the heavens and the earth. He owns it ALL, and because I am His child, it's all mine as well. You don't have to believe that, but your unbelief doesn't nullify fact.
We sing that Jesus could have called ten thousand angels. Same is true for us.
Do you think my Father wants me to worry about my future? In fact, did He not instruct us NOT to worry? I have a feeling that the devil would love to occupy our time working out solutions to all the coming woes of this civilization - as long as he keeps us from proclaiming Christ.
It is a natural thing for mankind to be concerned about his physical needs....and here's a clue....the word "NATURAL."
We are no longer of this world. We are IN this world, but not of this world. The "natural" is not our nature anymore.
We were never intended to live with our concern being focused on the physical...however, we have been conditioned by society to put physical needs first....It is up to US to change the way we think about this thing...it won't happen automatically.
We are 1/3 physical and 2/3 spiritual. We are not bodies with a spirit. We are Spirits wearing physical suits in order to live in a foreign environment.
I'm here to hold out HOPE. And when I say HOPE, I don't mean something you can "wish" for - I mean something God has promised. This is the Hope He gives....that if we are IN Him, we do not have to fear the future. Period. He owns it all, and He is going to take care of His children.
So....the message is not "the sky is falling!" (sorry to those who don't know the gloom and doom of Chicken Little) "hurry up and take cover"....the message is: He WILL supply all our needs according to HIS riches.
Now, why would I doubt this? Why would you?
We live in a high stress world - but we don't have to buy the lie. My Father owns the cattle on 1000 hills...He owns the hills...He CREATED the hills. Me worry? Nah.
The true URGENCY...the thing the devil doesn't want us to see...is the need to share the message of Christ to a world who does not know Him. Because in the long run guys....that is all that will ever really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment